Πέμπτη 14 Ιουνίου 2012


In plain sight

I tried looking at your face
But there was this reflection
Right on the glass,  between us,  there
You see, it was day and it wouldn’t go away

Next time in the evening,  drop by I might
When the city drops well into the night
That,  of course, if you  ‘re still there
And me, back from who knows where

See, I feel all busted up, as if beaten
Slept dreamless, hardly eaten
But that’s OK, it will all make up
When we take off our make up

And just in case then, if we ‘re still there
Think I will be,  nowhere else to go
And as for the make up-  it doesn’t glow
Invisible can’t hide here, there, anywhere

Everyone’s, see, got somewhere to belong
Me, I  trust what I must, but never rust
The rising sun, yes, it shines and does show
All  that, never before,  could I be or know


0 σχόλια: